Mel B - AKA Scary Spice
Carolyn Cresswell - Carmens Muesli
Jess & Bree - Frank Body
Tammy May - My Budget
The speakers delivered some really inspiring stories. I felt very grateful to be in attendance.
Moving on, back to work - I was very surprised with some recent statistics about the state of Australian's and their health. According to the Australian Health Survey, conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics, in 2014-15,
- 63.4% of Australian adults were overweight or obese (11.2 million people). This is similar to the prevalence of overweight and obesity in 2011-12 (62.8%) and an increase since 1995 (56.3%).
- Around one in four (27.4%) children aged 5-17 years were overweight or obese, similar to 2011-12 (25.7%).
This is why she is offering a Health Scholarship valued at over $2500 to one lucky family.
The health scholarship is available to all Victorian Bayside families to apply. The scholarship will be awarded to a worthy family, who could do with a holistic health overhaul. The program will include:
· Fortnightly 1 hour health coaching sessions with the family
· Set and accomplish family goals
· Understand what foods are right for each family member
· Family cooking workshops, shopping tips, trying new foods and understanding food labels, plus more.
The health scholarship will form part of a case study, which will benefit the community. The successes, failures and journey will be shared with the public, with the winning family’s privacy respected. The sharing of such a personal journey will hopefully inspire other families take control of their lives, and adapt a healthier lifestyle.
Applications for the scholarship are now open for all families with no more than 2 children, aged over 10. To apply, simply share your family story with Maddie. The top 3 most worthy applications will be chosen, and interviewed to determine the final winner. Applications close Friday 25th March 2016.
This weeks recipe has to be one of my favourites. A lot of people imagine healthy eating to be boring, bland and the thought of something deliciously decadently naturally sweet like chocolate would be way out of the equation. Well....I am hear to save your day & share with you a recipe that you all must try. It is ridiculously easy, delicious, nutritious and satisfying.
Have a fabulous week - See you all at my 7 Day Smoothie Challenge that kicks off on Monday 29th Feb 2016!
Cook with love, eat for health.