1. Heat oil in shallow frypan, over medium – high heat.
2. Working in batches, dredge chicken in buttermilk, squeeze excess and coat in flour - shake off and dredge back into buttermilk, and finally in flour again. Press well, ensuring all chicken pieces are well coated in flour mix.
3. Add coated chicken to the frypan, cook evenly until cooked through, golden and crispy – this should take 5 minutes, depending how big you have cut your pieces. Once cooked, remove and drain on absorbent paper. Continue until you have cooked all the chicken.
4.To make the sauce, in a small bowl, combine cornflour with water to make a smooth paste. Set aside.
5.In a small saucepan, combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil [if using] and cook over warm heat, until mixture starts to bubble. Reduce heat, add in cornflour mix, stir well until sauce thickens, adding a little more water if need be, until you have a nice thick sauce.
6. Drizzle a little sauce over chicken, toss well.
7. Serve chicken over a small bed of cooked rice, shredded lettuce & garnish with sliced shallots, red capsicum & dollop of extra honey sauce on top.